Apply For A Business License Edmond, Oklahoma

Where can I find information about obtaining a business license in Edmond, Oklahoma?

You will need to be in contact with the City Clerk’s Office of Edmond for information about a business license application for your Edmond business. The Edmond City Clerk’s Office can be reached by calling (405) 359-4555. The office is located at 24 E. 1st Street in the City First Building. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 

Are there specialty licenses or permits that I will need to conduct my Edmond, Oklahoma business?

Some businesses will be required to have a specialty license to operate in the city of Edmond. One such business is a solicitation-related business. You can find a packet for applying for a solicitor’s license online at the City of Edmond website. You will need to provide personal information on this application, including a physical description of yourself with height and weight, hair and eye color, race, and two recent (within 60 days) color photos of yourself. You may need to have a criminal background check. You will also have to disclose any criminal convictions that you have on your record. 

Contact information for a character witness will need to be provided on your solicitor’s license application. Your name, date of birth, vehicle description, and a valid driver’s license number will need to be given on this application. When you have completed it, you will need to sign it to verify that you have given true and complete information and that you have disclosed all information truthfully on the application for a solicitor’s license. Other specialty licenses or permits may include tobacco or liquor licenses, health permits, safety inspections, and police or fire department approvals. 

Be sure that you contact the City Clerk of Edmond to determine if you will need any additional licenses or permits. Make sure that you have ample time to obtain any of these additional license prior to your business opening. If you have questions, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (405) 359-4555.

Will I need zoning approval for my business in Edmond, OK?

For zoning approval, you will need to contact the Edmond Planning Department. They can help you to determine which zone your business should be located. To contact the Planning Department, call (405) 359-4790 or visit the office at 10 S. Littler in downtown Edmond. You may also contact the Planning Department via email through the City of Edmond website. 

Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns?

City of Edmond
City Clerk
P.O. Box 2970
Edmond, OK 73083-2970

City First Building
24 E. 1st Street
Edmond, OK 73083

Phone: (405) 359-4555
Fax: (405) 359-4758

Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license

Broken Arrow Edmond Lawton
Midwest City Oklahoma City Tulsa

There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.

Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.

Search by State

To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.

Alabama Kentucky North Dakota
Alaska Louisiana Ohio
Arizona Maine Oklahoma
Arkansas Maryland Oregon
California Massachusetts Pennsylvania
Colorado Michigan Rhode Island
Connecticut Minnesota South Carolina
DC Mississippi South Dakota
Delaware Missouri Tennessee
Florida Montana Texas
Georgia Nebraska Utah
Hawaii Nevada Vermont
Idaho New Hampshire Virginia
Illinois New Jersey Washington
Indiana New Mexico West Virginia
Iowa New York Wisconsin
Kansas North Carolina Wyoming

This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.


Related Articles

Do You Like This Content?