Apply For A Business License West Valley City, Utah
Do I need a business license?
Every business that operates in West Valley requires a business license. What type of license is required depends on the type of business you are running (see below).
What general information does West Valley require?
Does West Valley require business-specific information?
West Valley requires business-specific information depending on the type of business you own. Thus, West Valley has several different applications depending on the type of business you plan on opening. The following list details the different business license applications West Valley offers and the necessary information for each application. For more information please see http://www.ci.west-valley.ut.us/index.aspx?NID=83.
What Additional Steps Are Required?
If you own a home-based businesses that grosses less than $1,000 annually, just sign an affidavit stating your situation and immediately apply for a business license if your annual gross increases.
How Much Does a Business License Cost?
A business license has different fees depending on the nature of the business. Late fees may apply. The following list outlines the different fees associated with each type of business:
- Base Fee: $110
- Inspection Fee (new or relocated business): $50
- Employee Fee: $10 per employee
- Vehicle Parking Stickers: $0.50 per sticker (delivery vehicles only)
- Alcohol License Fee (Restaurants): $500
- Alcohol License Fee (All other businesses): $500 plus $1,000 disproportionate fee
- Banks and Credit Unions: $500 disproportionate fee
- Department Stores and Shopping Mall Management Offices: $1,000 disproportionate fee
- Drive-In Motion Picture Theatres: $1,000 disproportionate fee
- Home Improvement Center: $1,000 disproportionate fee
- Hotels and Motels: $1,500 disproportionate fee
- Mobile Home Parks: $31 per pad
- Rental Dwelling Units: $94 per unit ($20 per unit if member of the Good Landlord Program)
- Pawn Shops: $500 regulatory fee plus $1,200 disproportionate fee
- Racetrack: $1,000 disproportionate fee
- Salvage Yards: $1,000 regulatory fee plus $100 disproportionate fee
Click the link to your city below to apply for a business license
|Provo||Salt Lake City||Sandy|
|Taylorsville||West Jordan||West Valley City|
There has never been a better time to get a degree. Even top Universities across the U.S. have joined the movement that’s allowing millions to get an education online. Business degrees are the perfect stepping stone for building a career, increasing earning potential, and ultimately growing your business.
Find out how to improve your knowledge and increase your earning potential by getting an online business degree. Click here to find the program that’s right for you.
Search by State
To find more information about a business license in your state choose the state below.
This site is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or tax advise. The information on this site should not be relied upon as an official source of information and should be independently verified.